Call For Papers
The 22nd SEDE Conference is interested in gathering researchers and professionals in the domains of Software Engineering and Data Engineering to present and discuss high-quality research results and outcomes in their fields. SEDE 2013 aims at facilitating cross-fertilization of ideas in Software and Data Engineering, and hence especially encourages high-quality research integrating both domains.
Recent trends in computing have shown a growing need for the development of distributed, decentralized computing systems that are adaptive. Hence we encourage research papers dealing with the process definition, requirements specification, modeling, design, and management of distributed, adaptive, data-intensive systems. Applied case studies will report on exemplary solutions deployed in industries such as aerospace, telecommunications, and military.
The conference also encourages research and discussions on topics including, but not limited to:
• Requirements Engineering for Data Intensive Software Systems
• Software Verification and Model of Checking
• Model-Based Methodologies
• Software Quality and Software Metrics
• Architecture and Design of Data Intensive Software Systems
• Software Testing
• Service- and Aspect-Oriented Techniques
• Adaptive Software Systems
• Information System Development
• Software and Data Visualization
• Development Tools for Data Intensive Software Systems
• Software Processes
• Software Project Management
• Applications and Case Studies
• Engineering Distributed, Parallel, and Peer-to-Peer Databases
• Cloud infrastructure, Mobile, Distributed, and Peer-to-Peer Data Management
• Semi-Structured Data and XML Databases
• Data Integration, Interoperability, and Metadata
• Data Mining: Traditional, Large-Scale, and Parallel
• Ubiquitous Data Management and Mobile Databases
• Data Privacy and Security
• Scientific and Biological Databases and Bioinformatics
• Social networks, web, and personal information management
• Data Grids, Data Warehousing, OLAP
• Temporal, Spatial, Sensor, and Multimedia Databases
• Taxonomy and Categorization
• Pattern Recognition, Clustering, and Classification
• Knowledge Management and Ontologies
• Query Processing and Optimization
• Database Applications and Experiences
• Web Data Management and Deep Web
Proceedings will be indexed in Scopus, EI, INSPEC, and submitted to DBPL for indexing.
Papers will be accepted only by electronic submission in PDF format. Please include a cover page containing title, author's full name(s), address, affiliation, e-mail address, telephone number and topic area. In cases of multiple authors, all correspondence will be sent to the first author unless otherwise requested.
The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the proceedings, and be no longer than 6 pages (+2 pages with additional page fees) in ISCA format (see http://www.isca-hq.org/sample-isca-manuscript-format.pdf).
All submissions must be uploaded through the CMT web site at:
If you encounter any difficulties during submission or if you require further information, please contact Narayan Debnath at [email protected].
Full Paper Submission:
June 5, 2013 July 1, 2013 (11:59 PM CST)
Notification of acceptance:
July 5, 2013 July 15, 2013 (11:59 PM CST)
August 5, 2013 August 15, 2013 (11:59 PM CST)