Registration Fees and Instructions
- Early Registration (Before April 1, 2009 at 23:59 GMT+8) US$ 450
- Late Registration (After April 1, 2009 at 23:59 GMT+8) US$ 500
- Companion Registration US$ 200
- Extra Page (US$100 per page)
Early/late registration fee includes: the rights to attend all sessions; one copy of the proceedings; banquet, lunches, one-day tour. Companion registration fee doesn’t include COCOA’2009 sessions and the proceedings. Authors of accepted papers must finish early registration to guarantee inclusion of their papers in the proceedings. Payments must be made via international bank check/draft in US dollars (we are sorry for inconvenience) payable to “Xudong Hu”, the local arrangement chair of COCOA’2009, and
Registering on Site
- A registration desk will be set up at the Lobby of the conference hotel.
- Registration time is 14:00-20:00 on June 9 and 08:30-12:00 on June 10. For other time you may register at the room of organization committee.
- A package of conference materials will be provided for each participant who has paid the registration fee. It includes a copy of proceedings, a copy of program, your conference name tag, a ball pen, a notebook, a set of tickets for all organized lunches/suppers/banquet/tour, a map of Huangshan.
- You MUST wear your conference name tag and give your tickets to waiter/waitress when attending all sessions and taking all organized reception/lunches/banquet/tour.
- All talks MUST be presented in one of the forms of ppt, pdf, doc, ps files. NO projector for transparent slides will be provided (we are very sorry for inconvenience).
- You can either bring your own laptop, or bring a mobile hard disk, USB disk with your files saved.
- Meeting rooms for all plenary and parallel sessions are on the 1st floor at the conference center of the hotel (which is in a separate building).
Attending One-day Tour
- An one-day tour for sightseeing of Huangshan is organized on June 12 (http://www.uhuangshan.com/).
- All participants must summon outside the hotel at 07:30. We will return the hotel around 19:30 after we have a supper outside (we will have a lunch at a restaurant on Huangshan).
- Fare for one-day tour is included in the registration fee. Tickets are needed for attending the tour.
- All meals at the hotel will be served at the 2nd floor.
- Fares for breakfasts (of at most two people) are included at the room charges, while fares for other meals during the conference are included in the registration fee.
Arriving at the Conference Hotel
- COCOA’2009 will be held at Huangshan International Hotel, which is a 4-star hotel located at No.31 Huashan Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan City, Anhui Province, China.
- All participants need go to the conference hotel themselves. Hence for those who do not speak Chinese may write down the Chinese name of the hotel in the following ways before they leave for Huangshan: (a) ask a Chinese colleague/student/friend to help you, or (b) print out and cut the Chinese direction provided at the next page.
- It is strongly recommended that you should take a taxi waiting in a line. Tell the taxi driver that you want to go to the Huangshan International Hotel. You should ask the driver to switch on the meter when you get on a taxi and give you the receipt after you arrive the destination.
- If you go to Huangshan by air, then you may get to the hotel by taxi from Tunxi airport, which costs about 10 minutes and 10 RMB.
Preparing Trip to Huangshan
- Summer at Huangshan is not very hot (the average highest temperature is about 29C while the lowest is about 20C during June).
- As it often rains during June in Huangshan, it is recommended to take a rain coat (NOT an umbrella) with you since it is convenient especially when you attend the one-day tour.
Taking Money and Giving Tips
- It is strongly recommended that you should take some cash of Chinese Yuan or major currencies (such as USD, Euro, Japanese Yen, HKD) along with major credit cards. It is NOT convenient to use traveler check in mainland China.
- Since Huangshan is a rather small city, you are recommended to exchange some cash of Chinese Yuan at some major airports in China including Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong. Of course, you may also exchange Chinese Yuan at some local offices/branches of Bank of China (or some other major China Banks). But that is quite difficult, especially if you could not understand Chinese, and time-consuming.
- You can pay all expenses at the conference hotel by both cash of Chinese Yuan (or major currencies) and credit cards.
- Giving tips is far from popular in mainland China, even when you take a taxi or have meal at a restaurant. At the conference hotel, which is rated 4 star, you are also not expected to give a tip to someone who has provided you with a service but he/she may receive it if you are willing to give. In short, it is up to you (NOT a custom in mainland China) to give tips or not.
Asking for Help
- Before June 9, please send your inquiries about local arrangement at email@example.com.
- After June 9, please phone the conference hotel: 00 86-0559-2565678
- Emergency/Police Call in mainland China is 110 (just like 911 in US).
The directions written in Chinese below could be used when you tell taxi drivers (or anyone) who may help you to get to the conference hotel. A map of the conference hotel is also enclosed for your reference.
Conference Hotel Information
- Name of the Hotel: Huangshan International Hotel
- Location of the Hotel: No.31 Huashan Road, Tunxi District, Huangshan City, Anhui Province
- Webpage of the Hotel: http://www.ihuangshanhotel.com/index.asp
- Phone of the Hotel: 00 86-0559-2565678
- Fax of the hotel: 00 86-0559-2512087
In the end, we hope that the above tips could make your stay at Huangshan enjoyable. Look forward to meeting you on COCOA’2009 at Huangshan.
Chair of Organization Committee of COCOA’2009